There are a number of reasons why someone might choose to use accordion doors. They can be used for security purposes, as they allow the user to close off an area without any barriers or obstructions. They are also perfect for creating the illusion of space, which is especially important in areas that have limited square footage.
Accordion Doors by Specialty Doors has been providing high-quality products since 1996, and has helped many different businesses find solutions to their design problems with their wide variety of door styles and colors available.
What are accordion doors?
Accordion doors are a type of folding door that is made up of multiple panels. They can be used as a divider and entrance/exit between multiple spaces, and to partition rooms. They work well for small spaces like hallways, as well as large areas in commercial spaces.
Accordion doors come in many different styles and colors, so you’re sure to find one that matches your décor.
What are the 10 reasons to use folded accordion doors for design purposes?
- 1. Folding accordion doors save space. They eliminate the swing radius occupied by a conventional door, making them a great solution for any home or office looking to create more floor area.
- 2. Folding accordion doors provide a sleek, modern look. Their minimalistic design is perfect for any home or office.
- 3. Folding accordion doors are versatile and can be used to divide spaces of all shapes and sizes.
- 4. Accordion doors come in a variety of colors and designs: panel, decorative, half moon… so you’re sure to find one that will complement your existing décor! You can even request a custom design of your liking to be displayed on the panels.
- 5. Accordion doors have numerous applications for interior spaces. Folding accordion doors are perfect for closets, bedrooms, powder rooms and more. In addition to residential areas, heavy-duty accordion doors can be used to divide, block sound, and maintain privacy in commercial areas, like offices, warehouses, classrooms, banquet & meeting rooms in hotels, churches & other places of worship, event venues, concert halls, hospitals and more.
- 6. Accordion doors lie flat against the wall when they’re not in use and can be easily folded open to give you full access from either side of the door.
- 7. Many accordion doors are easy to install with minimal tools required. The brands stocked by our recommended supplier, such as Woodfold, Mobilflex and Curtition, come made-to-order to your exact specifications, and they’re simple to install.
- 8. Accordion doors can have an optional locking system that provides security while still allowing the door to open fully when needed.
- 9. The panels offer privacy. Some types of panels let light in through their slits or louvers, depending on the design.
- 10. Accordion doors are energy efficient. They can eliminate two-thirds of the air conditioning required by traditional swinging doors, which means lower utility bills.
What are the major manufacturers of accordion doors?
Woodfold, Curtition, Mobilflex and Screenflex all manufacture accordion folding doors. They are American-made and are backed by great pride in workmanship, providing decades of service for their users.
When you shop with SpecialtyDoors.com, you’ll be amazed at how much of an exact match the doors you receive will be to what you ask for.